Sunday 4 January 2015

Welcome to my first post....

Well it's been a few years since I've been a blogger, I was an avid blogger throughout my papercrafting days but now it is time to share with you my new love of crochet.
I plan to do update posts on my crocheting projects throughout the making journey through to the final finished piece.  I also hope to share some wonderful creations I stumble upon from other talented crocheters and maybe a few links to some patterns.  For 2015 I would like to have a bash at creating some of my very own patterns, I have lots of ideas for my own creations but I have never written out a pattern before so it will be a real learning curve, so please bear with me on that one.  It's been a little over a year since I started to learn crochet properly, in that time I've crocheted up numerous hats, scarves, gloves, toys, blankets.... and the list goes on, you could say I'm totally hooked :-)

So here is my first picture to share with you.  I was very lucky to receive for Christmas the 'Cosy Stripe Blanket' kit from the Wool Warehouse.  The kit was put together by the ever so talented Lucy from Attic24 for her 'crochet-a-long' project throughout November and December last year.  You can find the pattern HERE.
Well I'm working my way through it quite nicely, it's now very much at the lap blanket stage so it's starting to keep me warm over the past few days of chilliness. It's a lovely easy pattern to follow and the colours are all gorgeous.


Well that's my first post for my brand new blog, I will continue to update on this Cosy Stripe Blanket as I go along.  Thank you for stopping by and any comments are much appreciated.

Joanne x

No comments:

Post a Comment