Tuesday 27 January 2015

Taking shape

A few days ago I showed you something a bit stripey which looked a lot like a scarf, did you have any guesses as to what it could be the startings of? Well it's now taken shape.....


It now covers a 350 mm polystyrene ring.  It is the start of a wreath, I found the inspiration from Lucy over at ATTIC24 and her May Rose Wreath.  I had to work out my width and length for myself as Lucy used a smaller ring. For a 350 mm ring the width needed to be 40 stitches and the length was approx 40 inches as I didn't want it to be loose so it stretches nice and snuggly across and around the ring.  Do you remember I wasn't weaving in the ends, well this is why .....


They were a very useful addition to the pins to pull the joins together ready for sewing and once all sewn together it looked like this on the back....


Not the neatest of sewing but it's not the back that is going to be on show :-)

Next is the exciting bit of decorating, got so many flower patterns I want to try, just got decide on which ones to do.

Thanks for stopping by.

Joanne x

1 comment: